Solander has a 25-year history in Small Ship Management, employing or contracting over 400 seafarers, at one time, securing a personnel base almost unequalled in the Central South Pacific region.
Supporting infrastructure in the form of Engineering and Financial services is available both from New Zealand and Fiji. Our administration staffs have years of seagoing experience gained in Military, Merchant and Fishing Fleets. The company maintains office satellite communications and vessel monitoring systems.
Marine projects have been undertaken in Solomon’s and Kiribati. Current work is being undertaken in Fiji and elsewhere in the Pacific.
- Joint ownership and management of small Reefer vessels
- Offshore islands support
- Fishing Fleet management in Solomon’s and Kiribati
- Project science and research voyages
- Marine Engineering “flying squads” to resolve immediate crisis position
- Time and bareboat charter management
- Dry-dock and survey management
Suva Slipway – Fiji, South Pacific
Suva’s largest covered slipway. Privately operated by Vessel owners and Engineers – we understand what lost sea time costs.
Come in out of the rain to a professionally run slipway. Every day is a work day!
- We slip vessels with a maximum weight of 320 tonnes
- Cradle length of 27m (block to block)
- Maximum breadth 9.5m
- Maximum Draft 3.8m
- Managed docking of vessels berthage
- Professional affordable Engineering services
- Specialist Longline Tuna vessel project management and consulting
- Sea Tow Services x-Suva
- Strict security and privacy